Friday, May 3, 2013

So, after weeks of dry, sunny weather, albeit sometimes hot and sticky, we got a prelude to the rainy season last night.  A storm passed through and within the 1/2 hour it lasted, blew, drove rain and roared with gusto.  Damage is really minor with a strong indicator to Jay and Myrtle what all still needs to be done before the hurricane season does arrive in June. 

What this last week has done for me is give me an awakening as to why Belize is an iffy chose for me and perhaps am glad Zane has decided we're not to live here permanently ... first is was the huge lumpy boil that formed under the back side of my left arm and I had to go to the ER to have it lanced, got antibiotics and painkillers.  Then on Wednesday night, it was the invasion of the (body snatchers) bugs in our house! ... (I later found out it was because of the weather pattern changing) ... termites flying everywhere within the house, huge cockroaches, an enormous green katydid,  ... they were dropping from the walls and ceiling like they were kamikaze's and even the spray wasn't knocking them down for a bit.  EEW!!!  Then last night, before the storm, a neat thing ... phytoplankton were in the water (what the shrimp feed on) and Jay and Myrtle's hand 'glowed' underwater with phosphorescence!

Anyway, this is all really redundant, as in 5 days I am leaving the village, staying in Belize City with Sheryl and Sheff over night and flying out on the morning of the 9th.  I think is will probably good to be home after all ... there are few bugs in NM due to the dryness of our climate.  I am not really a squeemish person but, that many bugs at one time was just overwhelming and taught me a lesson I needed to know ... that paradise is really where you are in your state of mind, not your physical location ... I will find paradise in NM and then in TX and there in CO ... so my state of mind will keep me in Paradise whereever I am.  I do plan to continue my blog, so you who are following, just be aware that it will take a different bent, a less tropical and a more desert bent, but still Zane and me on our adventures and mishaps of life...love and light to you all

Peace.  Out.

No comments:

Post a Comment