Saturday, May 18, 2013

wow! ... nine days back in my NM home with my honey ... I still miss the tropical weather, but it is nice to be able to hug Zane whenever I want ... I missed that.  Came back to 47 night time temp on the day I flew in and 39 degrees in the morning ... no more tank tops and bare feet for a bit. 

Its still cool here in the early mornings, but the days are more Belize like ... mid 80's but no humidity to speak of...that part is nice.  Lots of nose bleeds since I've been back, due to the dryness.

Zane is busy planting the summer garden and I am re-acclimating ... cleaning up the house and purging myself of "stuff" ... living in such a small space in Belize made me much more conscious of all the "stuff" I have accumulated over the years and my need to reduce that clutter in my life ... it is a challenge, however ... since I like "my stuff" ... well, slowly but surely it will happen.  It's hard, being raised by "Depression" parents in a non throwaway society, it is difficult to purge myself of things I "might need" or "could use" ... paring down to essentials.  Wow, what a Herculean task.

I need to go to town today to buy a new dvd player as our house sitter apparently too the cord that connected our current one and doesn't know where it might be ... I also need to get batting for Jacob's quilt to get that to the quilter ... anyway, live goes on.

That's about it for now
From NM ... Peace.  Out.

No comments:

Post a Comment