Friday, January 25, 2013

Good Morning all!  So, while Isanti has a heat wave of 16 degrees, Pflugerville is in the 60's, we are in overcast skies (still) and only @ 70degrees!  Bloomfield currently is 37 ... can't say I want to be there, but boy do I want some sunshine!  At 10 and 13 (Johnstown and Northampton respectively) y'all are probably saying ... 'I'd love 70!' ...   I don't hate it, but sure would love some sun here in warm Belize! 

Well, it rained most of the night, and our rain barrel went from down 6 inches to about 2 inches from the top in the overnight time.  Jay and Zane are going to make screen doors today for our house ... yah!  ... then, when it does get sunny, I can be bug free (for the most part) and still have open access to the world.

The otherday, apparently when I was on Skype, I was overheard saying that I wasn't very accepted here ... when I was confronted about that, I said that, yes, that was how I was feeling ... not being accepted or fitting in except with the young girls ... well, since then, the women, in small ways, are trying to show me that they do accept me .... so, being overheard is not always a bad thing!

Not much else to tell today ...  am working on Lisa's quilt, but apparently didn't bring all the correct fabric, so must wait to get some accent navy blue in Stann Creek ... so, in the mean time I will work on the BOM's. 

Yah, I finally got my We'moon dayplanner in the mail yesterday ... apparently the village postman was going to send it back to Belize City when our friend, Lidy, another mailman, said, I know who that is, I will deliver it.  Apparently it had been in the village for a while! ... and we thought the postal service in the States was bad!!  Scheez!

Several of my 'girls' are spending time here today, 'cause no school ... they will work on baskets.  The school closes the last Friday of each month to let the teachers go to town to cash their checks ...

Anyway ... hope for sun and joy and love
Janie ... Peace~out!

No comments:

Post a Comment