Friday, January 18, 2013

Hi ... So, yesterday was my birthday!  ... We went to a beach town of Hopkins for the day ... walked the beach, spent a brief squall under a nice palapa and had some brunch, went touristy shopping and I found and Zane bought me a hanging chair for here by the lagoon which I will photograph when it's hung ... I have a picture of the nice Mayan guy who was so grateful we shopped there ... in 2002 I got one, just like it for $35 US ... this year (2013) it was $45 US ... not bad for inflation, etc ... I can't seem to load the picture of "Ledo" and myself in front of his shop ... will try later.  We spent some time at the 'Funky Do-Do hostal, having a few beers and trying to stay warm ... had gotten caught in a rainstorm with winds that made it quite chilly.  Later ate at  place down the beach ... I had lobster cavichi (sp) and it was yummy ... Zane and Jay split a pepperroni pizza and Myrtle had snook which wasn't enough to even fill her plate ... she was very up set with the portions ... but what she had was good. 

A cold front has moved through here and it is currently about 60 degrees but feels like in the 50's with the breeze ... everyone in the village are in winter hats and coats ... it's not that cold, but I get it ... we slept with most of the shutters closed last night and I had the quilt on and my fleece jacket.  Zane was delighted by the coolness.  It is to be like this for a day or so, only in the 70's with the night temps in the 60's. 

Zane and Jay are out for a walk this morning then back to finish the last of the shutters (I think) ... Then, perhaps our screen doors and shower are the next on the adgenda to build.  also, hanging my chair in a tree till the veranda gets built on this house.

Talked with Heather and the girls last night ... Mark has an interview today ... hope that is successful! ... it was great to see and talk to them again ... tried Sam, but she was off line ... we didn't get home till 7:30, so guess we missed her online.  Hopefully today we can connect.

will try later to post the pictures

No comments:

Post a Comment