Sunday, January 13, 2013

Morning has broken!  and what a lovely day it's going to me ... nice breezes, sunny skies and intermittent clouds to keep it a bit cool... Should be an interesting day ... the funeral of the murder victims is today ... Myrtle apparently cooked all night last night for the wake (big deal around here) ... Jason said there are about 20 folks at the house... including Andrea's Dad and Sheffield, Myrtles brother down from Belize City ... we haven't met Sheffield as yet, but he was who 'gave Myrtle away' at their wedding up in Colorado.  It's odd to me ... everyone admits that 'Ghost' was a bad man and definately a gang member and yet because he was murdered everyone acts like he was a saint ... statements like, well, he was 'always nice and respectful to me' ... not that I think it is okay for the GSU to have (apparently) murdered him, but why glorify such a person ... confusing to me.

Well, I will write later today if there is anything else to report on this subject.

Yesterday, Andrea came here to the house and reminded me that I told her when we were alone, and had time that she could sew.  So, I said we could and what did she want to sew ... she wanted to sew a 'paper house' ... I took that to mean the paper-piecing that I do ... she did a really nice job, doing all the sewing ... I helped her with the folding and I used the sharp rotary cutter b/c I didn't want her to hurt herself as I have done in the past as an adult ... when the picture is quilted, I will take a picture of her with her work and post it here.

No comments:

Post a Comment